Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WHAT’S HOLDING YOU BACK FROM AN AWESOME MARRIAGE?

What do you believe is holding back the awesome marriage you could be having? Are you sure? Fear is usually the main culprit for us not having the marriage of our dreams or the career we want. Some people actually have a fear of success. They fear that if their life will be too good, then it may not last. They fear what could happen instead of working on obtaining the results they want for their life and marriage. 2 Timothy 1:7, “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.” Amplified Bible.
 
In Luke 19: 1–9, we see that Zacchaeus had a goal; he wanted desperately to see Jesus. However, a very large crowd was in his way and being a short man he couldn't see over the crowd. Instead of him saying "Well I can't do this", "I am too short", Zacchaeus came up with a plan. Zacchaeus made a decision to see Jesus through the crowd. He decided no one would stop him. Zacchaeus expected Jesus to show up by the sycamore tree. He made a plan and followed through. He didn't allow others to dictate what he would receive from God. He didn't allow others to dictate the outcome of his dream. We must expect Jesus to show up in our marriage and in our bedroom. Tony & Alisa DiLorenzo have a great podcast on Jesus in my bedroom. Yes, Jesus is in your bedroom also. Why wouldn’t He be, God made sex for us to enjoy with each other and as a way to bring us closer together. Access the podcast here> http://www.oneextraordinarymarriage.com/130-jesus-in-my-bedroom
 
Let's now examine our marriages. Whatever barriers you believe are holding you back, no matter what they may be, they are only temporary barriers or obstacles. In Matthew 17:20, Jesus tells us to speak to our mountains. Too many times we make mountains out of molehills. Is the barrier (subject) a molehill or a mountain? Is it really worth battling with your spouse? It could just be that the barrier is worth both of you fighting for. Your marriage is worth fighting for! Fight with your spouse (not against them) to win the battle. You are on the same team.
 
No matter what, or who, Satan puts in our way, even if the doors seem closed, or barriers are in the way to accomplish your dream, be like Zacchaeus! I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippeans 4:13 NIV
 
Zacchaeus ran on ahead and climbed up in a sycamore tree so he could see Jesus when he came by. Zacchaeus refused to say no. "If I can't get past the crowd I will climb that tree to see Jesus." Jesus saw Zacchaeus when he arrived at the tree; he looked up and said, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” Jesus wanted it to stay at his house.
 
Don't let the fear of anyone or anything stop you from obtaining the marriage God has for you.  Make a plan with God, be creative, and aggressively pursue a relationship with Jesus and pursue the awesome marriage God designed for you. Jesus will pass by and He will see you.

Jesus wants to stay in your house! It is up to us to invite Him in so we can live in the reward that He has set aside for us.

6 comments:

  1. Amen!!! When we go after The Lord and what He wants for our lives, He meets us along the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I come across so many people who are unhappy in their marriage, but when you ask them what they've done, they have no plan, they've made no changes, modified any behaviors, nothing. They're just sitting, waiting for change. Granted, sometimes you plan, you change, you grow, and the marriage still doesn't improve, there are two people involved, but then at least you've grown as a person as a result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay Dee,
      You are so right. Even if the other spouse does not want a better marriage, by seeking after God we grow in Him and that should always be our main goal.
      God Bless

      Delete
  3. So true. You got me. Fear is my weakness - my first response is to avoid anything I'm fearful of. I don't ask the questions I need to... because I'm afraid. I don't take the action I should... because I'm afraid. I stay in my little safe spot... because I'm afraid. It's an unGodly response.

    The Bible verses you listed are my sword to knock down that stupid fear - This year I'm focusing on Luke 18:27 - that with God ALL things are possible.

    Great post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    Keep standing on God's promises and His word. Use His word as your sword - Hebrews 4:12 It is a double edge sword because the first side cut away the junk and the second side heals us like a scalpel.

    ReplyDelete